We’re Hiring! – Senior Fire Alarm Engineer
22 September 2016
WJ Fire are a small, professional organisation who specialise in the design, installation, programming, maintenance and repair of Fire Alarm systems to ensure safe and secure operation in the event of a Fire. We are now expanding our team and have the following position available:
Job Title: Senior Fire Alarm Engineer
Report to: Managing Director
Location: Bordon, Hampshire
The Senior Fire Alarm Engineer will manage members of the team and Project Manage client projects to design, install and maintain or repair fire alarm wiring and equipment including emergency lighting and smoke vent systems in accordance with company and industrial standards.
- Liaise with major client and site managers to establish requirements and project manage requirements to final customer approval and sign off.
- Manage Fire Alarm Engineers to ensure they carry out their duties in accordance with company standards.
- View electrical layouts contained in relevant documents to determine appropriate fire alarm system and ensure compliance to electrical and fire codes.
- Study work orders, building plans and installation manuals to ensure accurate site installation of fire alarm equipment.
- Study product manuals to properly program, test and verify new systems
- Commission systems, complete necessary documents in accordance with approved Company Operating Procedures.
- Conduct site surveys as required
- Servicing of maintenance contracts in accordance with company operating procedures.
- Act as technical advisor to the client and report any issues affecting safe operation of the alarm system
- Install and test fire alarm systems including all electrical components and cables
- Repair and maintain fire alarm systems identifying and replacing defective parts
- Mount and fasten control panels
- Diagnose and repair faults
- Test installations in accordance with manufacturers guidelines
- Travel between sites to respond to emergency call outs providing solutions and carrying out any remedial works
- Report defects to client or maintenance managers
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least 5 years previous experience working as a Fire Alarm Engineer within the industry and extensive knowledge of different types of fire alarm systems
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of control panels.
- Good working knowledge of BS5839 (Fire Alarm Regulations) and British Standards BS5839nand BS5266
- Completed some or all FIA training units 1-5
- Experience of managing engineers
Personal Qualities & Key Behaviours:
- Must be able to work independently and safely
- Reliable, tenacious and adaptable
- Able to follow diagrams and installation manuals paying strict attention to detail
- Methodical and logical problem solving abilities
- Able to plan and prioritise work load
- Able to apply general rules to specific problems
- Excellent communicator
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Please note this Job Description is intended as a general guide and not to be all inclusive. It is non-contractual and can be adapted as needed to meet ongoing business requirements.