We’re Hiring! – Fire Alarm Engineer
22 September 2016
WJ Fire are a small, professional organisation who specialise in the design, installation, programming, maintenance and repair of Fire Alarm systems to ensure safe and secure operation in the event of a Fire. We are now expanding our team and have the following position available:
Job Title: Fire Alarm Engineer
Report to: Senior Fire Alarm Engineer
Location: Bordon, Hampshire
The Fire Alarm Engineer will support the team and/or Project Manager to Install, program, maintain, or repair fire alarm wiring and equipment including emergency lighting and smoke vent systems in accordance with company and industrial standards.
- View electrical layouts contained in relevant documents to determine appropriate fire alarm system and ensure compliance to electrical and fire codes.
- Study work orders, building plans and installation manuals to ensure accurate site installation of fire alarm equipment.
- Study product manuals to properly program, test and verify new systems
- Commission systems, complete necessary documents in accordance with approved Company Operating Procedures.
- Conduct site surveys as required
- Servicing of maintenance contracts in accordance with company operating procedures.
- Act as technical advisor to the client and report any issues affecting safe operation of the alarm system
- Install and test fire alarm systems including all electrical components and cables
- Repair and maintain fire alarm systems identifying and replacing defective parts
- Mount and fasten control panels
- Diagnose and repair faults
- Test installations in accordance with manufacturers guidelines
- Travel between sites to respond to emergency call outs providing solutions and carrying out any remedial works
- Report defects to client or maintenance managers
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous experience working as a Fire Alarm Engineer within the industry and extensive knowledge of different types of fire alarm systems
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of control panels.
- Good working knowledge of BS5839 (Fire Alarm Regulations) and British Standards BS5839nand BS5266
- Completed some or all FIA training units 1-5
Personal Qualities & Key Behaviours:
- Must be able to work independently and safely
- Reliable, tenacious and adaptable
- Able to follow diagrams and installation manuals paying strict attention to detail
- Methodical and logical problem solving abilities
- Able to plan and prioritise work load
- Able to apply general rules to specific problems
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Please note this Job Description is intended as a general guide and not to be all inclusive. It is non-contractual and can be adapted as needed to meet ongoing business requirements.